When starting a match search in CS:GO, many players get a sign saying “The VAC system was unable to verify your game session.” What to do in this situation? We will analyze all the methods and one of them should definitely fit.
The easiest and most effective way is to close the window by clicking OK and try running the search a few more times. Such a window can get out erroneously only at the first start, and then not appear.
There is another way to remove this error without leaving the game. We start the match with bots, play one or more rounds and try to start the match search again.
Download CS 1.6 you can follow the link.
Other ways to solve the problem are solved already when the game is turned off, namely:
- Log out of Steam and enable it as an administrator.
- Right click on CS:GO game
- Then click Properties
- Installed files and Verify integrity of game files
- Steam Settings then Downloads and Clear Download Cache
- In the same place “Go offline”, and then again “Go online”
- Disable Steam completely. We go to the folder where Steam is located (you can see the path in the screenshot below). And there we delete Steam.dll and steamclien.dll. We start the client again and after updating it, we check if the error “The VAC system was unable to verify your gaming session” has disappeared.
- Check the date and time on the computer. This is very important for games and internet connections.
And last but not least, if none of the above helped, then reinstall the CS:GO game. Better yet, Steam and Windows. But I don’t think you’ll get to that. I hope these solutions helped you solve the error “The VAC system was unable to verify your gaming session.” See other guides or bug fixes, you may be getting FATAL ERROR: Failed to connect with local Steam Client process.